Tuesday, January 8, 2013

San Diego today, Ensenada tomorrow!

Everything is shoved into two duffle bags. That in itself was an adventure...I've removed more than half the clothes I thought I'd bring, but managed to keep two jars of Nutella with me.

It's my last night in San Diego, and tomorrow morning, I'll be setting sail! For some weird reason that is too complicated to understand, the ship will be leaving from Ensenada instead of San Diego, so I'll be taking a Semester at Sea shuttle to Mexico! I'm on the 9:15am bus.

Today I found out I'll be in room number 3037, which seems like a solid number to me. Even though I'm in San Diego and I've received my room number (still have yet to figure out who my roommate is...), this is still the most surreal thing in the world. Five/six years after first finding out about SAS, and two years after seriously trying to make it happen, I will be boarding the ship tomorrow as a student! And I might pass Archbishop Desmond Tutu on my way to dinner or something, just saying.

Tomorrow night I'll be sleeping in my bed, on deck three (inside), in room 3037...probably somewhere in the middle of the ocean on our way to Hawaii. And when I get up I'll be surrounded by water...living on the water...and about a week from then I'll be waking up early to see us pull into port.

That's it for now! The next time I updated will be when I'm officially on the M.V Explorer. WHOA!

No comments:

Post a Comment